Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicer Girls -- Moscow or Saint Petersburg?
Heart 
Which major Russian city has nicer girls? I'm not talking about looks! Moscow or Saint Petersburg? Feel free to name other large cities in Russia.
(03-12-2015, 02:27 AM)Seeker Wrote:  Which major Russian city has nicer girls?  I'm not talking about looks!  Moscow or Saint Petersburg?  Feel free to name other large cities in Russia.

I'd say they're nicer out East: Tomsk, Omsk, Ekaterinburg, Irkutsk, Kazan...
Yes, I'm thinking smaller Russian cities and Ukraine are the way to go. I'm not thinking too kindly of Moscow and St Petersburg in general, although of course there may be some gems in these cities.

This may sound tragic, but I've started doing an experiment on Tinder to see which places I'm likely to vibe well with the local women, and getting a general sense of what to expect looks-wise from a general population pool. Just want to do this before setting out on my travels in 2016. Mind you, Tinder may not be the best representation of a population but it's a free exercise and nice little experiment. I still have no doubt based on experience, and from Scott's observations, that traveling to these countries and meeting women in person is the way to go. Online and real life can be very different beasts (well, they're beasts in the West anyway!).

But what I wanted to add to this thread is that Moscow must be a very stressful place to live? The reason I ask is that I was extremely disappointed with the overall looks of Moscow women on Tinder. After very positive matches and interactions with Kiev women (some of them absolutely stunning and young, beyond my wildest dreams in Australia), I noticed most Moscow women looked many years older than their age. 20-23 year olds looked like 30 or older.

I can understand this with local Aussie women, because they spend far too much time in the sun, binge drink, eat poorly and too much, smoke and do all sorts of drugs, stressed at work leading to sleep deprivation etc, but I was surprised with the low quality of Moscow girls. St Pete was better, but again quite disappointing compared with Ukrainian girls. And even though Kiev is a big city, the girls I matched with seemed very sweet and down-to-earth.

Every exchange was pleasant, and I'd go as far as saying that even 18-22 year old Ukrainian girls are more mature than most 30 and 40 something Western women. Amazing eye-opener for me. These girls can talk about anything from travel, food, health/fitness and sport to politics and culture. Pleasingly, there was an absence of dumbed-down conversation focused on celebrity gossip, how wasted they were after partying etc. Also hardly a tattoo in sight (certainly no sleeves), no stupid pulling of faces (even 40 year old Aussie women do this), no masculine poses, no pics of kids as accessories, no obesity, no middle fingers (a pet peeve of mine) and none of those stupid moustache pics that Western women seem to like.

I didn't try Tinder in any other Russian cities, but I'm hoping further East (and perhaps south) will have more of the sweet, down-to-earth girls that I prefer. And hopefully women who actually look their age or younger. Ukraine is looking like my No.1 destination so far.
Yes, you will be ashamed of your Western education after you meet some Eastern European Women who have a proper "classic" education.
Yes, I've even mentioned Dostoevsky books in a couple of conversations and this seems to impress Russian girls. An Anglosphere woman would think you're weird.
(04-05-2015, 06:09 AM)Gezzza Wrote:  Yes, I've even mentioned Dostoevsky books in a couple of conversations and this seems to impress Russian girls. An Anglosphere woman would think you're weird.

Tell me about it.

My Wife's parents are both University Professors and they're often impressed that "I'm not so dumb and American as they expected."
Hi Scott,

I am going on a trip to Russia with classmates for a class trip to St. Petersburg and I was wondering what the nightclubs were like. I here that unlike the guys in South America, the Russian/ Eastern European guys do not like or really know how to dance and me and my buddies do. How will the girls in Russia treat me and the other guys?

Thanks

William
Thanks for the advice guys!
From my general observations online and what you have stated above.  I'll probably stay away from Moscow when I (probably) travel East next year.  You mentioned that summer is the best time to go.  I'm thinking maybe the months of July, August, or September for about two weeks.
Since I'm an American and a newbie to this area of the world, I'm considering the Ukraine over Eastern Russia for the first visit, plus I don't have to worry about a visa.
My question is in your opinion, what is the best place to visit for a couple of weeks (I'm only sticking to one city or region) if you have zero Russian (and Ukrainian) language skills and no personal contacts?
Any advice would be appreciated.
(04-19-2015, 04:23 AM)Seeker Wrote:  Thanks for the advice guys!
From my general observations online and what you have stated above.  I'll probably stay away from Moscow when I (probably) travel East next year.  You mentioned that summer is the best time to go.  I'm thinking maybe the months of July, August, or September for about two weeks.
Since I'm an American and a newbie to this area of the world, I'm considering the Ukraine over Eastern Russia for the first visit, plus I don't have to worry about a visa.
My question is in your opinion, what is the best place to visit for a couple of weeks (I'm only sticking to one city or region) if you have zero Russian (and Ukrainian) language skills and no personal contacts?
Any advice would be appreciated.

If you want to date Women who don't speak English, learn their language. If you don't know it, only date Women who speak English.

I would seriously consider running a profile on one of the agency sites, list what dates you're coming and see which Women, in the cities you visit, contact you. Stipulate that you only want Women who speak English. You might be surprised.