Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best bets in Ukraine?
Hello, Scott & everyone:  I'm new here and plan to go to Ukraine in April or May, and need advice on where to go and what to do, to find wife in Ukraine.  I'm early 50's (fortunately still look 40's), have never been married, never had anything good happen with American women, and am unusually inexperienced due to having depression and shyness when I was younger.  So I am one of those who is only comfortable with much younger women, and I'd still like to have at least one child too--and I need to gt something to happen SOON!.  But I am so lonely and have had so much disappointment from the dating sites, that I am sick!  Can anyone please give me some encouragement and point me in the right direction, with reference to Ukraine?  Or, would Russia or a different CIS country a better bet than Ukraine to meet younger women?  Thanks!
(01-11-2015, 09:11 PM)brian_scott Wrote:  Hello, Scott & everyone:  I'm new here and plan to go to Ukraine in April or May, and need advice on where to go and what to do, to find wife in Ukraine.  I'm early 50's (fortunately still look 40's), have never been married, never had anything good happen with American women, and am unusually inexperienced due to having depression and shyness when I was younger.  So I am one of those who is only comfortable with much younger women, and I'd still like to have at least one child too--and I need to gt something to happen SOON!.  But I am so lonely and have had so much disappointment from the dating sites, that I am sick!  Can anyone please give me some encouragement and point me in the right direction, with reference to Ukraine?  Or, would Russia or a different CIS country a better bet than Ukraine to meet younger women?  Thanks!

Once, when I was in the Army, there was a lower enlisted man, he was quite old for his rank. We were in the process of wiring some equipment and he suggested that we do this one trick to save some time. I was quite impressed that such a low-IQ guy could know something so smart. I asked him how did he know this? He replied, "Experience I guess."

No matter how smart you are, how cunning, how clever - you can't replace experience.

Just going to Russia and/or Ukraine is going to give you just that: experience.

You can read and read and get this or that advice but without experience, you're flying blind.

Congratulations, you've made the first step.

I honestly believe that you will (need to) make several trips over before you find your perfect match. Some find on the first time. Some get lucky; not all do. Good luck on your luck!

I honestly believe you should get a membership to either Elena's or Cupid and start chatting with some women that live in the cities you'll be visiting. Better yet, put up on your profile that you're coming to Ukraine/Russia in the Spring and you have honest intentions to meet a woman. Many marriage minded Eastern European Women are tired of emailing men who never come to visit (over 98% of the men who get a subscription to EE dating websites never make the trip). Many women who see that you're coming over will look at you very differently than a man who's just "window shopping."

As for being shy, I recommend that you read DeAngelo's Double Your Dating. The title is hot-linked to the page where you can read it for free (in the comments section).

And last, don't be "too eager." Women can smell it a mile away and its like a skunk smell. You need to be a bit confident, aloof even. Nothing is so appealing than something that you can't have. You need to present the idea to women that you're something special, that they should pursue you and that YOU CHOOSE which woman you want.

Good luck to you!
Hi Brian ,

Well , I don`t know , if you have been reading the posts , in the WWS blog.If , yes , you will know , that I have been posting , some of my comments and experiences , when visiting Ukraine.
Only then I use the name Paul.

You have already , gotten some good tips , from Scott.And , yes , I do believe , that you will have to make , more than 1 trip , to find the right woman.Yes , it is possible ,to have a great deal of luck , and be successful , on your first trip.But , personally , I would not bet on it.

Going over there , is the first step.What you should also consider , is the way , that you will communicate with your lady.When you can speak Russian , then there is no problem.
If you will need a translator , keep in mind , that it can be a bit costly.

In general , they ask about 15 ~ 20 dollar , for 1 hour.Plus , you will have to buy her , dinner and drinks , if you are going to treat your lady , to a meal.
Furthermore , there are the costs , for the taxi , that you will have to pay , for your lady , to go back home.

Understand , that there are not many people , who speak English.In Kiev , you will have more chance , to meet a person , who will understand you.
You can use Google translate , on your smart phone (but I`m not sure if you will need to buy a sim card , from a local provider - if so , that will be much cheaper).

You mention , that you are more comfortable , with younger women.How should I read that ??
Does it mean , that you are seeking for a woman in the age range of 23 ~ 35 ??
It may work , with a woman of 23 , but do not compare a woman of 24 in America , to one in Ukraine.

It also makes a difference , if she is from the big city in Ukraine , or coming from a farmer`s village.I am sure , that you have these differences too , in America.
The thing which makes it different , is that their culture , tradition and their social connections , with their family and relatives , are not , like we in the West , think about it.

So , if you are really interested , to find a wife , in EE or Russia , do some reading , on what is important for them.
In general , and when it comes to family , specifically.

Personally , I would not go in blind , and see , if or when , there will be a suitable lady , for me.As said before , meeting one on the street , is one , but to get a conversation , is two!
And , yes , you will not know , if she is already , in a relationship.

Understanding , what you can not say , and do , on your first ( 2nd , 3rd , 4th ) meeting , is very important.
You would not want , to ruine your chances , on a woman , who you like.

So , start to do some reading , on the WWS blog , or on other sites.
As for Russia , you are aware , that you need a visa , to go there.While for Ukraine , you don`t need one.

Good luck

Paul
Go for it but be cautious.  You have nothing to lose but everything to gain unless you really want a western woman the same age as yourself.
(03-14-2015, 02:06 AM)Seeker Wrote:  Go for it but be cautious.  You have nothing to lose but everything to gain unless you really want a western woman the same age as yourself.

Well said.